Maine Central’s only diesel purchases between Pearl Harbour Day, 7th December 1941 and May 1945. No.11 was purchased for $32,900 and went into service at Augusta. Soon Augusta, Lewiston Lower and Livermore Falls became diesel only servicing points.
|11||Sep 1941||13095||Delivered in Black with Red Stripes. Maine Central Pine Green by May 1965.||Sold Apr 1974.||RR Picture Archives|
|12||Aug 1942||15036||Still black with red stripes when withdrawn.||Sold Nov 1975.||RR Picture Archives|
|13||May 1945||27973||Still black with red stripes in Aug 1973.||Sold Apr 1974||RR Picture Archives|
|14||May 1945||29974||Retired Dec 1977||RR Picture Archives|
|15||May 1945||29975||Sold. One time based on the Conway Scenic Railroad|
|16||May 1946||28488||Still black with red stripes when withdrawn.||RR Picture Archives|
|17||May 1947||28348||Still black with red stripes when withdrawn.||Sold Apr 1974||RR Picture Archives|
- Melvin, George F. Maine Central in Color Volume 3. Morning Sun Books Inc., 2008, p.8.
- Robertson, E. B. Maine Central Diesel Locomotives. Edwin B. Robertson, 1978, pp. 8-11.